Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fashion News of the Week :)

Christian Dior at Musée Rodin












Image found at NYtimes.com

The house of Dior showed their line a few days ago at the Musée Rodin and I agree with Cathy Horyn in her article written for the NYtimes about a few things, but not all. John Galliano is no longer designing for Dior for obvious reasons. Even though the designs shown were not at all the image of Dior, maybe it is a a good change to have fresh ideas for Dior. Cathy stated that most of the garments looked like bright costumes that they designed only to distract and I feel this is true. There is not a stable designer at Christian Dior right now and I feel it will take a few seasons to have one. In the mean time, I feel like the Fashion industry needs to have an open mind for new couture.


I  am also loving anthropologie.com's look book shots for their site. Definitely embodies what this summer feels like.. relaxing.



























Images found at anthropologie.com


What are your favorite places to read about news? I love NYtimes and CNN.
XO Hilary Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I really agree with you on Dior. I think this picture is adorable and all, but I'm a tad disappointed. Maybe its just because I miss Galliano's touch. I do think we need a new taste of couture. I'm all for it. And it will be interesting to see how this house progresses without Galliano. But I would have loved to have seen something a little more I suppose. Great post. Have a happy week! Blessings your way!
    xoxo
    Madison

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...