Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Personal Day:)


I thought I would do a personal Blog day. Here are a few questions that seem reasonable to know me :). Thank you to everyone who reads my blog!!
I love family pictures but this one is one of my favorites. My dad and I on my High School graduation day I love you, Dad!
I do not have any tattoos. I love Rachel Zoe and Blake Lively's style. I use Aveeno skin care products and St. Ives lotion. Tres Emme is my favorite shampoo, it's so affordable and I have used it my whole life.  
Favorite song:  Fast Car by Tracy Chapman and Dog Days are Over by Florence + the machine
Green tea is really what keeps me sane (4-5 cups a day is ideal ;)) .
My favorite Designers (that I cannot afford right now) are; Chloe', Missoni, Marc Jacobs, and Proenza Schouler... list continues.
-What do you do to stay in shape?
I like to exercise whether it is running, biking, any outdoor activities, kayaking, pilates.. etc. I get bored doing the same routine.
-Where did you go to college and what did you study?
I am currently in school at University of Northern Iowa Majoring in Textiles and Apparel and minoring in Marking. I love it so much!
-What’s your favorite city?
I love Chicago and Los Angeles.. I have not been to NYC yet. I also like Charleston, South Carolina and the beautiful Sedona, Arizona. There has never been anywhere I have not enjoyed being in.
-What do you like to do on your down time?
I like having a big social life and always being with people. Being alone and listening to music, painting, drawing, sewing, and surfing the web is usually in my free time.
-What kind of music do you listen to?
Brett Dennen, Amos Lee, Sean Hayes, Florence + the machine, MIKA, and Joshua radin.. I love music.
-Do you have Twitter?
Yes, Twitter Account: @hilaryhi
-Favorite fashion memory from elementary school?
My never ending costumes dressing up for dance competitions and recitals. I had some bad clothing choices when looking back, I loved my Hawaiian shirts I wore a lot when i was around 4th grade and my Bucket hats I liked to wear and lots of Tie-dye shirts.
Blog
-Why did you start a blog?
I want to talk to people with the same interests as me. There are not very many people around here that actually want to talk about fashion (besides my beloved fashion major friends and teachers). This gives me an opportunity to show people what there really is out there and share things with other bloggers.
-How long does it take you to write posts?
Sometimes it takes a really long time to find pictures I want and other times I find them right away. Writing takes about twenty minutes.. so usually an hour for each post.
Fashion
-Which are your favorite stores (for cheap and expensive) for clothing?
My favorite affordable clothes come anywhere from Forever21, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Anne Taylor: Loft, as for expensive clothes, I don't have the means for that :).
-What are five things every woman should own?
1. The LBD (little black dress)
2. A great pair of black high, high heels (for me at least)
3. a staple skirt you can wear with anything. I love my gray lace skirt I bought for $5 from Target.
4. A pair of dark denim that you can dress up or down. and that fit very well to you.
5. A bag that never goes out of style.
Beauty
-Favorite beauty products?
Lotion: Aveeno
Tinted Moisturizer: Aveeno
Mascara: Lash Blast Fusion Maybelline
Blush: Bare Minerals in Rose
Lip Gloss: None, only Burt's Bees Chapstick
Perfume: I have worn Calvin Klein In 2 u
Hair: Tres Emme Mousse and Blow Dry on medium heat with a diffuser
Nail polish: I love Essie Blue nails
Food
-What’s your favorite dessert?
Cinnamon Peach Cobbler my mother makes. It is delicious and very hard to only eat one serving. :)
-What are your favorite restaurants?
I recently ate at Big Bowl restaurant. It is so good! I also like Hu Hot, Bang! Bang!, Olive Garden. I love Chinese food, Mongolian food, Thai food, and Italian.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...