Friday, April 15, 2011

Guess Who?

I have been back to sketching every day this week, and I have missed drawing immensely. There is something therapeutic that i forgot about that comes with drawing, all your anger from that day goes out onto the paper. I am going to start posting one of my sketches every Friday and you guys can guess what designer I sketched from! I will post the picture with the designers name the next day :). So here is my first one (Hint: Mary-Kate and Ashley)..








































My favorite kind of cake is carrot cake and I always have wanted to tackle the best recipe found. I found this recipe for carrot cake cupcakes that sound just as wonderful as carrot cake. I will have to make these when I actually have a stove! :) Have a great weekend everyone!




















Photo and recipe found at http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/carrot_cake_cupcakes/
  • 1 cup of chopped walnuts
  • 1 pound of carrots
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup of buttermilk (or add a teaspoon of lemon juice to regular milk and allow to stand for 10 minutes)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon of orange zest
  • 3 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know Mary Kate and Ashley had a high end fashion line? COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary,
    I am so impressed with your blog. Keep it up!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, nice job on the sketch! i rarely have carrot cake, but do love it!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Carrot cake is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...