Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My reminder to be happy

Children laughing from Uganda

Photo: Girls laughing
Image taken from National Geographic, Photographer listed in site: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/girls-laughing-uganda-pod/

This picture is worth thousands of words. Even in poverty, these children are being joyous and full of light. Every time I look at this photograph, I cannot even tell it is in black and white. These young girls may not understand that they don't have much money or live somewhere unsafe, but they are loving life. It does not matter where you are as long as you have someone else to share it with and be happy.
This photo makes me feel guilty for ever imagining that my day was so bad because I felt nothing was going the way I wanted it to. I now feel guilty that I complain about going to work or going class and they may not have the opportunity to do so. I have to realize that not everyone is as fortunate to be in school or have somewhere safe to live and call home. These girls are my new role models and are going right on my bulletin board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...