Friday, February 25, 2011

MILAN FASHION WEEK

This week in Milan, Fashion designers sent their pieces down the runway for fashion week yet again. Wednesday designers with brands like Alberta Ferretti, Gucci and Brunello Cucinelli were the first to be shown. I have noticed a big trend with the 1960's in their pieces as well as color blocking with jewel tones as well with grays and taupe palettes. My favorite from this day is, hands down, Gucci mainly because their main colors are my favorite, teal and deep purple. Even though I am not fond of using real fur, the fur coats and shawls look amazing! The hats really make the outfits here.
 

 

All images found at wwd.com

Thursday in Milan, I found a new designer that I absolutely love. Her name is Anna Molinari with the brand Blugirl. The style that this line represented was also retro with color blocking, like Gucci. The colors used were bright but more in the warmer tones with browns. Furs and hats were also incorporated into the line. I love the furs but I could never wear them. I love my animals too much. Faux fur would be a much better choice. :)
 


All images found at wwd.com
(Right) I love the leopard print that she is keeping! (Left) The sportswear color-blocking is also a great touch to the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...